Click!

Friday, 12 October 2012

This Fall...

I Realised this year- I Love Fall- Could it Be the Sign I'm Getting Older?

This year, for the first time in my life, I couldn't wait for fall to begin! All my life, up until now, fall had been my least favourite season: it brought about feelings of sadness and boredom. In contrast to summer, the time for fun, fall had been always associated in my mind with gloomy, monotonous days.
Surprsingly however, this year it brought about completely different feelings! This Fall was all about the sense of piece and relief from the hot and fast-paced summer. And I was waiting for that! Finally, as the weather got cooler and the leaves started to turn yellow, I felt a huge sense of content and a kind of peaceful happiness..
Fall was always my grandmother's favourite season. She found summer tiring and even exhausting, and always waited for the cooler and duller days of the fall.. As a child, I could never understand her. (My absolute favourite season at back then was late spring and summer.) I thought she had to be joking: how could one not love summer: the sun, the brightness and the energy that it brings? It is the time when you can finally shed heavy warm coats, scarfs and sweaters to feel alive and free! My grandmother said I couldn't understand her because I was still so young, that when I'd get older I would most likely understand how she felt.
I told her that that was impossible. 



The reason these memories come to mind right now is because this year, for the first time in my life, I found myself feeling exactly as she described.. Now I think I understand. Summer had it's fun moments, but it's only now that I feel truly happy and at peace with myself.. Could it, then, be a sign that I am finally getting older?






 

 
 
 





2 comments:

  1. Good job on the blogging!! I like this one especially. I always liked fall because its a very interesting time. I look forward to reading more of your blogs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall has always been a special season. Part of it is its allure full of pageantry and colour, but it is also so fleeting. So we can never get enough and it leaves us breathless for more.

    ReplyDelete